Within a one hour radius of Ingham the full spectrum of World class fishing opportunities are on offer.
Inlcuding beach fishing off the pristine Hinchinbrook coastline, wharf fishing from Lucinda and Dungeness fishing wharfs, sweetwater fishing in the rugged Herbert River Gorge, Barramundi fishing in the tranquil waters of the Hinchinbrook Channel, or classic blue water fishing on the Great Barrier Reef. Coveted the world over, Hinchinbrook offers arguably some of the best fishing amongst picture postcard scenery.
A single line thrown casually from a secluded beach, a few from a tinny in a tranquil sheltered creek, or get adventurous and discover the wide open waters of the Coral Sea. Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, Coral Trout, Red Emperor and Mud Crabs... the rewards are bountiful!
The must do experiences:
- Catching the iconic Barramundi
- Fishing the calm scenic waters of the Hinchinbrook Channel
- Chasing Mangrove Jack up the through the mangrove lined inlets of the Hinchinbrook Channel
- Heading out for a day on the Great Barrier Reef for some classic bluewater fishing
- Setting pots for the delicous local mud crabs
- Casting from a tinny around the piers of the Lucinda Jetty for Spanish Mackeral
- Taking a heli-fishing tour up into the Herbert River Gorge for some remote area sweet water fishing